Home Pinner Village Pinner History

"Pinner Then & Now", a unique opportunity to compare old photo & postcard views of Pinner with the same view as seen today.
Pinner High Street looking North c1934 The heart of Pinner village -the High Street
Pinner High Street & War Memorial looking South Old cottages & shops on the left demolished 1933 for Grange Court
St Johns Parish Church St Johns Parish Church following restoration work in 2013
'Ye Cocoa Tree' coffee tavern opened in 1878 Elthorne Gate currently offices of Howarth Homes
J W Clayton's Luncheons & Teas c1920 Elthorne Gate & St Johns 2006
The Old Oak Tea Rooms c1950 'Friends' restaurant one of many restaurants and coffee houses
The Queen's Head first licensed in 1705 One of Pinner's remaining public houses
Grange Cottage in Church Lane c1906 Grange Cottage with Tooke memorial in the distance
Elmdene & Took Memorial c1950 Elmdene has been the home of some well known TV personalities
The Fives Court & Nower Hill House - Moss Lane The Fives Court on left - Nower Hill House demolished 1963
Wakehams Hill - cottage overlooking Pinner Park Farm Still a great view - cottage demolished 1971
Moss Cottage enlarged by William Barber QC in 1887 Situated on the corner of Moss Lane & Paines Lane
East End Farm c1905 East End Farm Cottage is one of Pinner's oldest remaining houses
 
Edward Bulwer-Lytton novelist lived here in the 1830s Pinner Wood House situated in part of rural Pinner 
Marsh Road & Baptist Chapel c1915 The current Synagogue was built in 1981
Chapel Lane c1900 The premises on the right are next to WH Smiths
Bridge Street - with Parish Hall (left) built in1841 Bridge Street Gardens open space now on the left
Love Lane c1910 The Methodist Church is now on the right
The Parade c1915 Bridge Street Pinner's main thoroughfare
The Police Station & Odd Fellows public house c1913 Police Station and Odd Fellows still serving Pinner today
Waxwell Lane c1920 Orchard Cottage with Bee cottage in the distance
Waxwell c1918 Uxbridge Road is in the background
Elm Park Road c1913 Christian Science Church and Police Station in the distance
Anthony's Corner - Pinner Green Junction of Pinner Road and Elm Park Road
Pinner Green with Belle Vue cottages on the right Pinner Green traffic lights on Pinner Road
Belle Vue cottages and Bell public house - Pinner Green c1906 Only the cottages survive today as 18-50 Pinner Green
Mistletoe Farm Cuckoo Hill c1940 No longer a farm, but a lovely 17th century house
The Hall mansion lodge entrance on right Uxbridge Road the lodge entrance is now to Old Hall Drive
Headstone Manor Farm & Moat Now part of he Harrow Museum & Heritage Centre

I am always pleased to receive copies of either old Photographs or Postcards of Pinner